sunnuntai 3. heinäkuuta 2016

Dear red clover


Red Clover,Trifolium pratense, definately one of my favorite green manure, soil cover, living mulch plant, attractor of wildlife, oh those humble bumblebees and butterlys . This treasure has also been used as a medicinal herb for centuries, and I shall prepare herbal teas from her. Its taproots bring phosphorus to the surface soil and it also puts atmospheric nitrogen into the soil she is a member of the sweet legume family . She is a creator, creator of her own nitrogen through a sacred, symbiotic relationship with microorganisms (bacteria) in her roots. It typically produces an excess of nitrogen that can also be used by her neighbours. In my garden, she lives especially in the appleguilds, but also quite everywhere. She requires just a little a no maintenance and enjoys sun, but can live also in a light shade. To ger her in your garden, to bloom and tak care of the soil, put the seedson the soil in spring, you can soak the seeds in water for 12 h to increase germination but she will do just fine without it aswell.Red Clover can spread easily through self-seeding and I see this only a good gift from the Mother. You can also collect the seeds and give them for your neighbour as a gift.

Everything, absolutely everything on this earth makes sense, and even the smallest things are worthy of our consideration."

And yes I thought I would practice my english since I will see you ( right? ) in the Nordic Permaculture festival! My workshop ( talk) 'Nordic home-scale permaculture gardening' is then on saturday, my storytelling hour and a half, sounds and images it will be. Lovely.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti